Last Update: 12th, July 2021
Axio Biosolutions Private Limited and its affiliates (hereafter, “Axio”, “we”, “us”, or “our”) are engaged in the manufacture, production, and supply of biomaterial based haemostat, wound care, and hygiene products. Our products are available for purchase on our website www.resistplus.com. The services we offer you on or through our website are hereinafter referred to as “Services”.
Please note that unless specifically defined in this Policy, capitalised terms shall have the same meaning ascribed to them in our Terms and Conditions, available at https://www.resistplus.com/terms-and-conditions (“Terms”). Please read this Policy in consonance with the Terms.
In order to provide the Services in an efficient manner, we collect certain information regarding the end users who access our Services. This Policy explains how we process and use personal data that we collect.
Please refer to Section 1 to understand how the terms of this Policy apply to you.
1. BACKGROUND AND KEY INFORMATION
The Services are made available to you by Axio. If you have any questions on this Policy, questions on how we process or handle your personal data, or otherwise, you may reach out to us with your grievances, feedback, and comments at firstname.lastname@example.org
How this Policy applies:
This Policy applies to individuals who use our Services. For the avoidance of doubt, references to “you” across this Policy are to an end user who avails our Services.
Certain jurisdictions require you to consent to the processing of your data, or otherwise require you to accept the terms of this Policy. In this regard and subject to the data protection laws that apply to you, by using the Services, you agree and consent to the collection, use, storage, disclosure, and sharing of your information as described and collected by us in accordance with this Policy. Please contact us if you have questions on our practices in your country or region.
Review and Updates:
2. PERSONAL DATA THAT WE COLLECT
We collect different types of personal data about you in various ways, which we have grouped together as follows:
- Identity Data, such as your name, username, or similar identifier.
- Profile Data, such as the image to your profile and password recovery hints and answers.
- Contact Data, such as your address, email addresses, and telephone numbers.
- Transaction Data, such as your billing and payment information including billing and shipping addresses.
- Technical Data, which includes your IP address, device ID, device type or other identifier, browser information including browser type and version, browser language preference, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, web browser application details, corresponding location details, date and time stamp, operating system and platform, and other technology on the devices you use to access the Services.
- Usage Data, which includes information about how you use the Services and your activity within the sites, time spent using the Services, referring URL, and page views.
- Marketing and Communications Data, which includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
We also collect, use, and share aggregated data such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose. Aggregated data could be derived from your personal data but is not considered personal data under law as it does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity. However, if we combine or connect aggregated data with your personal data so that it can directly or indirectly identify you, we treat the combined data as personal data which will be used in accordance with this Policy.
What happens if I refuse to provide my personal data?
Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract, and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract (for example, to provide you with Services). In this case, we may have to cancel or limit your access to the Services, but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
3. HOW DO WE COLLECT PERSONAL DATA?
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
Direct Interactions. You provide us your personal data when you interact with us. This includes personal data you provide when you:
- create an account with us;
- use or purchase our products;
- request marketing to be sent to you;
- enter a competition, promotion, or online survey; or
- give us feedback or contact us.
Automated technologies or interactions. As you interact with the Services, we will automatically collect Technical Data about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns. We collect this personal data by using cookies, server logs, and other similar technologies. We may also receive Technical Data about you if you visit other websites that employ our cookies.
Third parties or publicly available sources. We will receive personal data about you from various third parties:
- Technical Data from analytics providers such as Google and Facebook; and
- Identity Data and Contact Data from publicly available sources.
4. HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
- We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you, where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests, or where we need to comply with a legal obligation. We use your personal data for the following purposes:
- To provide the Services: Your information enables us to provide our Services.
- To personalise your experience: Your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs.
- To improve our Services: We continually strive to improve our Service offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you.
- To improve customer service: Your information helps us to effectively respond to your Service requests and support needs.
- To process purchase transactions: Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased Service.
- To send periodic notifications: The email address and contact number you provide may be used to notify you of changes to our Services, send you information and updates pertaining to your purchase, in addition to receiving occasional company news and updates related to us or the Services, etc.
- To market our Services: Your behaviour on our website may be used for marketing purposes.
- To comply with legal obligations.
- Where applicable law does not permit us to rely on your consent to process personal data, we rely on the following legal bases for processing your personal data:
- Legitimate interests, which means our interest in conducting and managing our business to enable us to provide you with the best Services and products, and the best and most secure experience. We make sure we consider and balance any potential impact on you (both positive and negative) and your rights before we process your personal data for our legitimate interests. We do not use your personal data for activities where our interests are overridden by the impact on you (unless we have your consent or are otherwise required or permitted to by law). You can obtain further information about how we assess our legitimate interests against any potential impact on you in respect of specific activities by contacting us.
- Performance of a contract, which means we process your data where it is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or to take steps at your request before entering into such a contract.
- To comply with a legal obligation, which means processing your personal data where it is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation that we are subject to.
- We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to get an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please contact us. If we need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
- Please note that we may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the rules above where this is required or permitted by law.
- Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser (if you permit it to) that enables the sites or service provider’s systems to recognise your browser and capture and remember certain information.
- You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that permits you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies), you may not be able to access all or parts of our Services.
6. DISCLOSURES OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- We do not share, sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to any third parties or allow third party to access your personally identifiable information. However, we may share your personal data with third parties set out below for the purposes set out in Section 4:
- Internal third parties, which are other companies within the Axio group of companies.
- External third parties such as:
>> trusted third parties such as our associate partners, and service providers that provide services for us or on our behalf. This includes hosting and operating our website, providing marketing assistance, conducting our business, processing payments, delivering emails and facilitating communications with you, undertaking deliveries and transaction-related processes, transmitting content, and providing our Services to you;
>> Shipping vendors to deliver the products that you purchase from our website;
>> regulators and other bodies, as required by law or regulation.
- Third parties to whom we may choose to sell, transfer, or merge parts of our business or our assets. Alternatively, we may seek to acquire other businesses or merge with them. If our business undergoes a change, then the new owners will use your personal data in the manner set out in this Policy.
- We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
7. CROSS BORDER TRANSFERS OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- The personal data that we process may be transferred to countries other than where you are based. For example, we transfer your personal data to the United States and India, where our servers are located, or to third-party service providers that may located in countries other than the one you are based in. Where applicable law permits such transfer, we rely on consent to transfer such data. You hereby consent to such transfer of your personal data.
- You can find out more about these transfer mechanisms by contacting us.
8. DATA SECURITY
- We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used, or accessed without authorisation, altered, or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors, and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
- We also have in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of such personal data breach where we are legally required to do so.
9. DATA RETENTION
- We will only retain your personal data for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, regulatory, or reporting requirements. We may retain your personal data for a longer period in the event of a complaint or if we reasonably believe there is a prospect of litigation in respect of our relationship with you. In case your information is no longer required for any purpose of lawful processing, then we will ensure it is disposed of in a secure manner.
- In some circumstances, we may anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes, in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
10. UPDATES TO THIS POLICY
- We may occasionally update this Policy. If we make changes to this Policy, we will notify you of the changes through the Services or through other means, such as email. To the extent permitted under applicable law, by using our Services after such notice, you consent to updates made to this Policy.
- We encourage you to periodically review this policy for the latest information on our privacy practices. We will also make prior versions of our privacy policies available for review.